Help us raise awareness of pay inequality in Chicago and around the world.
Equal Pay Day Chicago 2019
Thursday, March 28, 2019 │ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Daley Plaza │ Clark & Washington Streets │ Rain Location: Lobby
Each year, Equal Pay Day is recognized worldwide to bring greater awareness to racial and gender pay disparities.
The 9th Annual Equal Pay Day Chicago will be held in advance of this year’s nationally observed date of April 2 – which symbolically marks how far into this year the average woman must work in order to earn as much as the average white man last year. The local event is both a focal point to raise awareness of pay equality and a platform for organizations to collaborate across the state.
Michelle Silverthorn, Founder and CEO, Inclusion Nation
- Jim Bennett, Director, Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Cherita Ellens, CEO and President, Women Employed
- Mona Noriega, Chairman and Commissioner, Chicago Commission on Human Relations
- Toni Preckwinkle, President, Cook County Board of Commissioners
- Anna Valencia, City Clerk of Chicago
- J. Bryan Wood, The Wood Law Office LLC
Tatiana Hazel, Musician
Join CNOW in the fight for pay equality at Equal Pay Day Chicago 2019!