Chicago NOW is accepting board applications! If you’re a motivated feminist that would like to help out with Chicago NOW’s advocacy work and initiatives, now’s your chance! Please complete this submission form by Friday, November 15. Afterwards, we will be in touch about scheduling a brief interview between yourself and a current board member.
A bit more info on what being a board member entails:
What do Board Members do?
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization
- Plan and promote organizational activities
- Attend Board meetings and organizational events
- Recruit members and Board Members
- Support fundraising and organizational operations
Benefits of Serving on the Board
- Advance opportunities and rights of women in Chicago & beyond
- Network with progressive professionals
- Actively engage in the dialogue on feminism and equality
- Build leadership experience
Board meetings are typically scheduled once a month, and all board members are expected to be present during these meetings. Board Members are required to participate in our annual events and issue-based actions throughout the year.
Board Members are also required to be registered members of Chicago NOW, which is an annual fee of $40 a year. In addition, there is a $500 fundraising requirement. We are an all volunteer organization that operates as a result of donations. This amount can be fulfilled through reaching out to your network and inviting people to attend our events (as their donations will count toward your total), in kind donations (supplies, food, etc.), personal donations, or some combination of all of the above.
We are looking forward to a great new year with new faces and new unique perspectives! We hope you will join us.